Tuesday, September 21, 2004

He's slutty, he's sleezy, he's sooo f**king easy...


Looks like Ant is struggling a bit... Shrek could have it won.

Well it is about time to mention some rock classics that I have in my Mobile Music Collection. Rock classics, you may be thinking Led Zepplin, ACDC, Cold Chisel? Nah, this isn't Triple M. My rock classics:

Aerosmith - Ain't that a Bitch

Aerosmith are one of my all time favourite bands. This song is off Nine Lives which was released when I was attending the University of California - Irvine. The album always reminds me of Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt, basketball every day of the week, our apartments (named Dartmouth) on Stanford Street.

Bon Jovi - Always

Bon Jovi, my other favourite band in the early nineties. These guys had alot of great hits. Always is probably not the best one, but it never seems to age. This reminds me of Jorgo a bit.

Supergrass - Movin'
Default - Wasting My Time
POD - Alive
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
The Strokes - Last Night
Eels - Mr E's Beautiful Blues
Joydrop - Beautiful
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows

These are songs from the 21st Century that have stuck in my top rated in iTunes. Of note, POD - Alive, the theme song for the UQ Basketball recruiting video, directed by Thommo and Pearcy.

Fuel - Hemmorrhage
Fuel - Jesus or a Gun
Fuel - Shimmer
Fuel - Sunburn


Fuel, these guys classify in my all time top 5 bands and my favourite song of all time Shimmer! (Though I have to say musically I LOVE Hemmorrhage, just that Shimmer has more referential value)

Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
Seven Mary Three - Lucky
Radiohead - Lucky (Live)
Refreshments - Banditos
Weezer - El Scorchio
The Nixons - Sister

Late nineties rock, reminding me of 1996 and 1998 at UQ doing Engineering. The Rubber Room on Triple M in 1996 and then Thesis Lab 1998! I still remember downloading the live version of Radiohead's Lucky accidently when I was looking for Seven Mary Three's Lucky.

Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Stone Temple Pilots - Sour Girl
Stone Temple Pilots - Creep


Last but certainly not least, STP. These guys are kinda alternative rock, were never really mainstream cept for Interstate Love Song and Plush (ohh my god, cannot believe I did not put the live version of Plush I have into this collection, will have to add it to the 'just missed out section').

Anyways that is enough for today, tomorrow I will look at my easy listening tracks. Following that I think I have got some alternative stuff, then two recent songs that I define as top 5 tunes of all time for me!

No comments: