Sunday, September 19, 2004

My Mobile Music Selection


S$239 for a 1 Gigabyte SD Card (could have got one for S$219 but it was normal speed and no warranty). Not bad at all, allows me to take a mobile music selection with me on my Treo 600.

I am going to start describing my mobile music selection, explaining what I take with me and why. I will finish it up over the next few days.

Full Albums:

Cold Play - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Cold Play - Parachutes

I am a big fan of Coldplay. They are a bit soft at times, but you can listen in any mood and their music has some soul.

Counting Crows - Across a Wire - LIVE in New York
Counting Crows - Films about Ghosts - Best Of

Counting Crows - probably my favourite band. I own all of their albums, so choose their best live album and their Best Of album to carry around.

Powderfinger - Vulture Street
George - Polyserena
Something for Kate - Beautiful Sharks

Three of my favourite Australian Bands. Because I am travelling everywhere, it is nice to have some Aussie music with me, to remind me of home, but also to play for foreigners. Music for me are like bookmarks for my life, alot of music reminds me of experiences in the past. Something for Kate's Beautiful Sharks reminds me of my 10 day trip to the Maldives. Strangely enough this CD was available at the Hilton for hire and it reminds me of relaxing on the beach doing NOTHING for 10 days. Ahh that is the life.

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

Punk Rock I guess you could call it. Emily Davies put me onto these guys. Em played for UQ at Uni Games back in 2001 and we briefly dated around the same time. We were not compatible, but Jimmy and I definetly are.

10 Things I Hate About You - Soundtrack

I love this movie. I own it on DVD twice, Region 1 and Region 4. I have seen it about 20 times. Not sure why I like it, just do. It was a 'hang-over' movie back in 1999 when me and the boys (Matty, Stu, Booga, Hammo, James) used to go out on the town, return to Booga's place for 'Man Loving' and then head to the cinemas the next day with Frozen Coke in hand. The soundtrack has a great blend of rocky ballads and more sombre relaxing tunes.

Tomorrow, I will talk about what R&B / Hip Hop I have in my mobile collection!

No comments: